In this 3 Day travel itinerary for Malta, we will visit Malta’s highlights, such as the attractive capital city of Valletta, the natural splendour of the Blue Grotto, the historic town of Mdina, and the tranquil island of Gozo. Prepare for an unforgettable adventure across Malta’s enchanting treasures.
Malta, a small archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea, is a hidden jewel with a rich history, beautiful landscapes, and dynamic culture. Malta has something for everyone, with its ancient temples, charming towns, crystal-clear waters, and pleasant Mediterranean climate.
Day 1, Valletta
- Visit to Valletta’s St. John’s Co-Cathedral, which is noted for its spectacular Baroque architecture and Caravaggio paintings.
- Upper Barrakka Gardens offers panoramic views of the Grand Harbour.
- Then, Learn about Malta’s past at the National Museum of Archaeology.
- Take a stroll down Republic Street and see the city’s lovely architecture and stores.
- Finally, take a walk around the Valletta Waterfront at sunset.
Valletta, Malta’s capital city, is a compact and attractive site that can be explored on foot, making it ideal for those looking for a rich cultural experience. This UNESCO World Heritage site features magnificent Baroque buildings, large cathedrals, and charming squares.
Wander through its small alleyways, enjoy the sumptuous interior of St. John’s Co-Cathedral, and explore the Upper Barrakka Gardens for breathtaking views of the Grand Harbour.
Don’t miss out on learning about the city’s history visiting the numerous museums and taking a stroll along the Valletta Waterfront. Valletta, with its attractive atmosphere and historical riches, provides a memorable trip experience.
Day 2, Blue Grotto and Mdina
- Take a boat journey to the Blue Grotto on Malta’s southern coast to enjoy the magnificent sea caverns and crystal-clear seas.
- Visit Marsaxlokk, a lovely fishing community known for its colourful boats and Sunday fish market.
- Explore Mdina’s fortified city, often known as the “Silent City.” Explore its winding streets, see St. Paul’s Cathedral, and take in the panoramic views from the bastions.
- Consider dining in one of Mdina’s beautiful restaurants in the evening.
Mdina, often known as Malta’s “Silent City,” is a must-see trip. With its tiny cobblestone alleyways, mediaeval architecture, and enchanting ambience, this fortified village transports you back in time.
Explore the city’s historic sights, such as St. Paul’s Cathedral and the majestic city walls, as you walk through the ancient gates. From the bastions, enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area.
Explore the lovely alleys, which are filled with tiny stores, cafes, and hidden courtyards. Mdina is a treasure trove for history enthusiasts and a fantastic respite from the hustle and bustle of modern life, with its timeless beauty and quiet environment.
Blue Grotto, With its beautiful sea caves and crystal-clear waters, Malta’s Blue Grotto provides a mesmerising experience. Explore the unique formations and brilliant blue colours that cover the cave walls on a boat tour.
Admire the natural beauty and tranquilly of this one-of-a-kind attraction, which is a must-see for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike.
Day 3, Gozo Island
- From Cirkewwa, take a ferry to Gozo Island.
- Visit the historic UNESCO World Heritage site of the Gantija Temples.
- Visit the Citadel for panoramic views of the island and the picturesque city of Gozo, Victoria (also known as Rabat).
- Relax on a gorgeous Gozo beach, such as Ramla Bay or San Blas Bay.
- Before returning to Malta, savour a great traditional Gozitan lunch.
The Gozo Island, a peaceful and gorgeous treasure hidden inside the Maltese archipelago, provides a tranquil respite from the rush and bustle of daily life. Gozo is a delight for nature lovers and those seeking tranquilly, with its picturesque landscape, charming villages, stunning coastline.
Explore the ancient Gantija Temples, marvel at the spectacular Azure Window (previously a natural limestone arch). Also unwind on gorgeous beaches, and take in panoramic views from Victoria’s Citadel.
Discover the rich cultural legacy of the island through its traditional crafts and kind hospitality. Gozo’s natural beauty and relaxed ambiance make it an ideal destination for a restorative and unforgettable vacation.
You will have experienced the essence of Malta in just three days, in this 3 Day travel itinerary for Malta we go through from the awe-inspiring architectural marvels of Valletta to the spectacular natural beauty of the Blue Grotto and the quiet charm of Gozo.
You’ll have learned about the island’s intriguing history, dined on delectable Maltese cuisine, and made memories that last a lifetime.
Whether you’re drawn to the ancient temples, the breathtaking shoreline, or the vibrant local culture, Malta will fascinate and leave you wanting more. So pack your luggage and prepare for a memorable experience in this gorgeous Mediterranean locale.