Set out on a voyage to 11 best islands to Travel, each with its own environment, colorful culture, and experience. These places will captivate you, from the pristine beaches, historical beauties to the underwater wonders. These islands provide a summer trip unlike any other, whether you desire relaxation, adventure, or a combination of the two.
Made up of gorgeous coral islands, the Maldives has immaculate white sandy beaches, crystal-clear oceans. It is rich in underwater ecology, making it a snorkeler and diver’s paradise.
The Maldives is well-known for its picturesque coral islands, opulent resorts, and underwater beauty also enjoy snorkelling, diving, and cruise to see marine life including manta rays and sea turtles.
Best time to visit: The Maldives has a tropical climate, therefore the dry season is best. It runs from November to April, is great for visiting.
- For an exceptional experience, consider staying in an overwater villa and explore the local culture and visit inhabited islands. Consider a place which offers a variety of activities, such as snorkeling, diving, and sunset cruises, to make the most of your time in the Maldives.
- Don’t forget to bring your snorkeling gear to explore the vibrant coral reefs with colorful fish and other marine creatures.
2. Santorini, Greece
Santorini, known for its white-washed homes, blue-domed churches, and magnificent sunsets, is a rare combination of natural beauty and history. It is one of the best in 11 best islands to Travel this year.
Santorini’s main attractions include its unique white-washed houses, blue-domed churches, and volcanic caldera views.
Visit the cities of Oia and Fira, as well as ancient sights such as Akrotiri, and indulge in local cuisine.
Best time to visit: To avoid crowds, visit Santorini during the shoulder seasons of spring (April to June) and fall (September to October).
- From one of the island’s cliffside viewpoints, take in the world-famous Santorini sunset.
- To avoid crowds, explore the popular towns of Oia and Fira early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Arrive early at popular sunset viewing spots like Oia Castle to secure a good spot and enjoy the mesmerizing sunset.
The Seychelles are a tropical paradise, this Indian Ocean archipelago is known for its pristine beauty, palm-fringed beaches, and also abundant marine life. It provides a relaxing and comfortable retreat.
Visit the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve, sunbathe on Anse Source d’Argent beach, and snorkel or dive to explore the vivid underwater environment.
Best time to visit: April, May, October, and November are considered the ideal months to visit due to great weather and fewer tourists.
- Consider island hopping to discover different islands and enjoy their distinct features.
- Additionally, to experience local culture and help the local economy, consider staying in guesthouses on inhabited islands.
- Take a boat ride to renowned snorkelling destinations such as Sainte Anne Marine National Park or Cousin Island to explore the vivid coral reefs and swim with turtles and exotic fish.
4. Bali, Indonesia
Known as the “Island of the Gods,” Bali combines magnificent landscapes, historic temples, vibrant culture, and also world-class surfing.
Bali has a diverse range of natural beauty, cultural monuments, and exciting nightlife.
Visit prominent temples such as Uluwatu and Tanah Lot, discover Tegalalang’s rice terraces, and unwind on Seminyak or Uluwatu’s beaches.
Best time to visit: Bali is open all year, but the dry season, which runs from April to October, is considered the ideal period for outdoor activities.
- Immerse yourself in Balinese culture by attending traditional dance performances, taking a cooking class, or shopping at local markets.
- Consider hiring a native guide to provide insights into the island’s culture, history, and hidden jewels while touring Bali.
- If you’re new to surfing, travel to Kuta Beach or Canggu, which have more forgiving waves.
5. Bora Bora in French Polynesia
Bora Bora is a wonderful location for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts, known for its turquoise lagoons, overwater bungalows, and spectacular coral reefs.
The island provides a variety of aquatic sports such as snorkelling, scuba diving, and jet skiing.
Best time to visit: Bora Bora is best visited during the dry season, which lasts from May to October.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to take a boat excursion around the island to appreciate its natural beauty.
- Book your accommodation in advance, especially if you’re planning to stay in an overwater bungalow, as they tend to fill up quickly.
- In addition, explore the vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life of the lagoon by taking a snorkeling tour.
6. Maui, Hawaii, USA
With its lush rainforests, towering cliffs, and world-class beaches, Maui is great for nature enthusiasts, adventure seekers, and those wishing to unwind on golden sands.
Haleakala National Park, the Road to Hana, and the gorgeous beaches of Kaanapali and Wailea are just a few of Maui’s natural wonders.
Enjoy ocean sports such as snorkelling, surfing, and whale viewing (when in season).
Best time to visit: Maui is a year-round vacation, although the months of April to May and September to November provide beautiful weather and less tourists.
- For an unforgettable experience, observe the sunrise or sunset from the peak of Haleakala volcano.
- Rent a car to explore the island at your leisure and easily reach sites such as Haleakala National Park and the Road to Hana.
- Take a whale-watching excursion if you visit Maui between December and April to see humpback whales in their natural environment.
7. Mykonos, Greece
Famous for its dynamic nightlife, quaint windmills, and stunning beaches, Mykonos is known for its cosmopolitan vibe. The island is also rich in history and provides a variety of water sports and cultural events. Its of of unique in our list of 11 best islands to Travel this year.
Explore Mykonos Town’s small alleyways, relax on beaches like Paradise and Super Paradise, and party at the frenetic beach clubs.
Best time to visit: To avoid crowds and enjoy good weather, visit Mykonos during the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn.
- Take a trip to nearby Delos, an ancient archaeological and UNESCO World Heritage Site recognised for its ruins and history.
- Moreover, for a more authentic experience, venture beyond Mykonos Town and discover the calmer beaches and traditional towns.
- Experience Mykonos’ legendary nightlife by visiting iconic clubs and beach bars, but come prepared for late evenings as the party scene begins late and continues until early morning.
8. Capri, Italy
Capri is well-known for its craggy coastline, the Blue Grotto sea grotto, and the quaint village of Anacapri. Visit the Augustus Gardens, enjoy a boat excursion around the island, and savour local cuisine and limoncello.
Best time to visit: To avoid crowds and enjoy good weather, visit Capri during the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn.
- Take the chairlift up to Monte Solaro for breathtaking views of the island and the surrounding sea.
- Moreover, take a boat tour of the island’s stunning coastline, which frequently includes stops at the Blue Grotto and other secret caverns.
9. Phuket, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand’s largest island, offers a varied range of experiences, from frenetic markets and bustling nightlife to magnificent beaches and tranquil Buddhist temples.
Visit the Big Buddha, stroll around Phuket City’s ancient centre, also unwind on popular beaches including Patong, Kata, and Karon. All of these makes it one of the 11 best islands to Travel this year.
Best time to visit: Phuket is a year-round destination, although the dry season, which runs from November to February, is regarded the best time to come due to the beautiful weather.
- For an amazing experience, take a boat ride to the nearby Phi Phi Islands or go snorkelling in the crystal-clear seas of the Similan Islands.
- While Patong Beach is famous, for a more relaxing atmosphere, consider visiting smaller beaches such as Kata Noi or Kamala.
- Additionally, for a real gastronomic experience, indulge in the excellent native street cuisine offered at the night markets.
10. Zanzibar, Tanzania
Zanzibar is well-known for its beautiful beaches, formerly known as the “Spice Island,” offers magnificent rich cultural heritage, and a historic Stone Town, creating an enticing blend of relaxation and discovery.
Explore Stone Town’s small streets, unwind on the gorgeous beaches of Nungwi or Paje, and then, go to the Jozani Forest to see the unique red colobus monkeys.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Zanzibar is during the dry season, which runs from June to October, and the short dry season, which runs from January to February.
- Don’t miss out on visiting the neighbouring island of Pemba, which is noted for its stunning coral reefs and diving.
- furthermore, explore spice plantations and learn about the island’s rich history as a spice trading centre on a spice tour.
- At nightfall, take a traditional dhow trip to admire the grandeur of the coastline, dine on local cuisine, and dive in the crystal-clear waters.
11. The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
The Galapagos Islands makes last spot in our list of 11 best islands to Travel this year. The island known for their distinctive biodiversity and pristine scenery, provide a great opportunity to watch various animals up close. Popular activities include snorkelling, diving, and trekking.
Explore volcanic islands, stroll through lava fields, also snorkel with sea lions, turtles, and colourful fish at the Charles Darwin Research Station.
Best time to visit: The Galapagos Islands are accessible all year, although the months of June to December offer milder temperatures and better underwater visibility.
- To maximise your wildlife sightings, consider taking a guided boat or island-hopping trip.
- Choose a tour operator that prioritises responsible and sustainable tourism practises to reduce your impact on the islands’ fragile nature.
- Respect the stringent guidelines and stay a safe distance from wildlife to protect them and yourself.
These 11 best islands to Travel provide a broad range of activities for your holidays, with magnificent beaches, abundant marine life, historic sites, and dynamic cultures. Each site has its own attraction, from the turquoise waters of Bora Bora to the volcanic vistas of Santorini. Whether you want to relax on white sandy beaches or explore ancient ruins, these islands are the ideal destination for an amazing summer experience.